twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

Welcome to the 21st Century....

So, we all know I'm a techno-junkie, but there are a few things I've held out against. I still do avoid many of them, because they're evil, (cough - myspace - cough) but there are two that I've recently given in to:

Text messaging
I've never been against text messaging per se, but I never understood those that would text all day. I'm starting to get it. I've sent more texts in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years. There's something fun about having a conversation with friends over the course of a day while at work. I also find that I'm much more witty in these texts than I am in person.

Facebook
I know, I know. I told you all to stay away from it. I told you I'd never do it. When one of my old roommates saw me on there, he said: "Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa. This is blowing my mind! Jeremiah Jackson on a social networking site rife with possible viruses! .. I think I felt my brain just break."
Yeah, well. I decided that Facebook, while having the potential of being as evil as MySpace, isn't actually evil, and potential is not enough to judge something. After all, I have the potential to go to Hell, yet I still hope people treat me like a good person. And I was sick of everyone being on there and not me.

So yes, Jer has joined the masses using this techno-stuff. Hope I don't have to call support to figure out how to use it... maybe I'll ask Jon

3 comments:

JonAli said...

Dad ask's me text message questions all the time =)

Joel said...

Maybe they have some kind of guarantee that you'll get a social life out of it. It's your only hope.

Liz said...

well I for one was excited to see that you gave in and joined the facebook world