twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

The girl for me...

So, after my last post, people asked what my criteria for setting me up would be. OK, I’ll bite.

First off, I’d like to point out that I don’t consider myself picky. I don’t really have any physical characteristics that are way important. Tall or Short, blonde or dark, blah blah blah. Minor exceptions would include that girls who are too skinny scare me, and she’s gotta have an attractive face. Now that can be very subjective, so we won’t go too much into that.

I like smart girls. Don’t set me up with airheads. I’m not intimidated if she’s smarter than me, but those sometimes get bored with me. Try to match us intellectually (however intellectual you think I am). I know people don’t mean it this way, but when I get set up with an airhead, I wonder what the person who set us up thinks of me.

Stronger personalities are nice. I’m friends with a lot of shy girls, but I fall for the tough ones. Not necessarily tom boys or uber-aggressive girls, but not the ones who are big wimps. Any girl who can playfully spar with me verbally usually passes the intelligence and toughness test. Note that I said playfully.

Middle-maintenance is the key. Another subjective trait, I know. I like a girl who showers, combs her hair, and attempts to look nice. But it can go too far. The girl who won’t be seen in public without makeup, always wears high heels, and freaks out if her hair gets out of place? Pass.

Activities can vary. I’ll change my routine for a girl I like. You’ve all seen me do it. I’m looking for someone who will encourage me to be better in all things, so it’s ok if she likes to do some outdoor/physical stuff. Obviously some of my favorite things are movies, games (not necessarily video games), and casual hanging out, but I am willing to broaden for the right girl. If you know someone who actually likes video games, call me. Now.

Let me know if there are any other things you’d like to know and I’ll edit this.


One other thing, just because she passes this list, it still may not be great. I know I've talked to many of you about one person in particular who seems perfect, but I just don't feel it. Not to be pessimistic, just pointing it out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...food for thought, I have some interviewing to do I see!