twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

Fat-tastic

I'm sick of seeing pictures of myself looking much pudgier than my mental self-image. I think it's time I finally take some major steps to fix that.

I figure by publicly posting these, it should help me hold to them better:

1) Fast food: no burger/fries type fast food for a month. Exceptions include casual dates, travel, and when I've been out working all day like when I help my parents with projects on the weekends.

2) Exercise: 90 minutes a week minimum. Mostly I plan to get walking on the treadmill. I'll count half of any time I spend working on my house.

3) I'm only holding myself firmly to this for a month, but if I get in the swing of it, plan to continue through the summer.

5 comments:

jim said...

Good work on the public posting of the goals. If you want any feedback other than that let me know, otherwise I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

Jer said...

I know there's a lot more than this I can do, but my thinking is that if I try too much at once, It'll be hard and I'll give up quickly. We'll start with these couple of habits and move from there.

JonAli said...

Jims feedback: ride a bike.

Trust me its his feedback for everything. I asked him what he thought about high yield bonds the other day and he told me to ride a bike.

Lizzy said...

Jer, I'm looking at doing the same things, but found this article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/can-you-get-fit-in-six-minutes-a-week/
and decided, "what can it hurt?" to try and see if I could help jump start things without tons of time needed. Thought you might be interested in reading.

JonAli said...

Today I had taken a bag of potato chips out of my cabinet to eat when I saw the slogan "You can't have just one!" plastered on the side of it. I then became determined to prove it wrong. After my first chip, I continued. Potato chip bag: 1. Me: 0.