twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

Anxious

I'm having a strange issue here. I've decided to fight my speeding ticket, and the way I see it, there are three possible outcomes:
1) The cop doesn't show up and I'm off the hook.
2) The cop does show up, my arguments make sense, and I get a reduced fine.
3) The cop shows up, but nobody listens to me, and I pay the full fine.

I've already started adjusting my budget to deal with the worst-case scenario, but I'm feeling super-anxious about it. I don't know why. It's there in the back of my head all the time, and my over-active guilt reflex is going crazy. I've got my plan in place, so why can't I quit thinking about it?

4 comments:

Joel said...

Because the human brain is designed to sabotage everything.

jim said...

actually - I think the problem is that Mom commented on your blog that she didn't think you did anything wrong. We all know mom is kind of a crazy driver (like when she tried to throw you from the car in Fremont) and since mom doesn't think you did anything wrong you are now suddenly worried that what you did was exactly wrong.

600 bucks sucks. sorry dude.

Lizzy said...

Usually if you go court, admit that it might have been wrong, they automatically cut the fine in half. If you go in with much grovelling and many "Yes your imperial highness, the law system is wonderful and I am unworthy" you can discuss getting it as out of the construction zone, which truly isn't that the important part?
Good Luck.

JonAli said...

Get dirt on the cop.

~why do you think I've never actually served prison time?