twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

Bedtime Revelations

For some people, the best ideas come in the shower. For me, they come in bed, as I'm trying to fall asleep. Laying there, it becomes easy to either disconnect from my problems and think of solutions, or to go completely the other way and feel sorry for myself.

With my recent break-up, many people have been telling me I need to find the lesson I needed to learn from it. Last night in bed, I think I found it. Simply put, I need to like me for me. I can't let my self esteem be directed by whether or not somebody else cares about me. Besides, how can someone else truly care about me if I don't like myself unless they like me which they won't because i don't like me because.... it's a vicious cycle.

Time to end the cycle. Now to think of things I like about myself... let's see.....

Oh, well. I've done enough. I'll get to that part tomorrow.

4 comments:

Joel said...

I like you for your sarcasm, cynicism, and the fact that you make me feel better about my life in comparison to yours. Does that help?

Loni said...

If i had an extra $5 I would give it to you.

Jacci Halliday said...

how about you loan me $5 and sometime I will give it back to you? Oh yeah...welcome to blogger-hood and my cat can eat a whole watermelon

Jason said...

Sorry, don't have time to like you, I'm focused on my own self-esteem....