twitter
    Your occasional dose of cynicism and randomness.

I can't do it! I don't have the Power!

I'm going to shoot someone who works at my power substation.

I've been living in my parents' basement for the last little while, and every couple of weeks, they have power issues. One week, three nights in a row, the power was literally up and down every five minutes for 2 hours.

Last night, it must have gone off again. My alarm clock has no battery backup, and it didn't go off. I sat up in bed at 10am. Crap. I also had a computer that was uploading something to a server for work. Guess what didn't finish? Yeah.

I called my boss as I was driving in to let him know I was coming... He hadn't noticed I wasn't there. I just drew attention to it.

So, two and a half hours late for work, and my upload didn't finish. I've got a headache from being stressed first thing in the morning, and now I need to work later. Fun.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Dude - that is a bummer that you told on yourself to your boss. It is also a bummer that you don't respond to my text messaging, that you didn't invite me to go car radio shopping, and that my power never goes out. Way to go! Hope the day gets better. Are we on for LV or what? Peace Out

Jer said...

Not responding to your text messages is the only way I can get you to look at my blog, though!

Jami said...

ouch & effective!